Edwin Pawlowski

"Hamilton Audio" wrote in message
news:NpTfe.1296093$6l.47765@pd7tw2no...
My house has developed a roof leak. Asphalt shingled roof, approx 7 years
old and in good shape otherwise. Leak is in the rough vicinity of
(actually down about 4 feet and over a bit) from a bathroom fan hood.

Sort of like saying my umbrella is really in good shape except for the
missing cover.

One problem with roof leaks is that they often are a distance away from
where you see it. I'd take a look at the flashing around the fan for step
one as flashing is a common place to start. If that proves to be the
problem, you may have some good life left in the roof. Check for any
visible cracks that may have opened up. Bubbles and bulges are signs of
problems also.

There are some roof coatings that may buy you some time, but in general,
that time is a year or two. You'd be wise to start saving for a new hot
coating before long.