Stormin Mormon

"when the car is low, I add a quart"

I think that's the mentality.

Well, when your baby is hungry do you buy him a Quarter Pounder and a large
fry and cram them into his mouth until he's finished them all?

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Gideon" wrote in message
. ..
As already mentioned, tipping the mower the wrong direction to
access the deck area is a common problem.

Another possible cause is overfilling the mower crankcase with oil.

I got a free mower when somebody did this. A neighbor abandoned
a mower which smoked horribly through the muffler and even spit out
oil as you attempted to start it. One half hour spent cleaning the air
filter, cleaning the spark plug and draining the excess oil gave me a
perfectly fine mower for free.

She (the previous owner) had added as much oil as the engine and
fill tube would hold. If a little oil is good, then a lot must be better?

Good luck,
Gideon

Mark wrote in message
.com...
Mowing the lawn today, my mower engine started to blow oil out the side
not sure exactly where from. It spewed onto the hot muffler and made
a lot of white smoke. I shut it down and tried to figure out what was
up. There was oil in the air filter and I added a bit more oil to make
up for what was lost and started it up again and it seemed to be fine
again. What was up with that?

Mark