twfsa

"ADD" wrote in message
Hello:

My house has wood siding which has been there for at least 30 years.
Needs some replacement of the shakes and a paint job. Would cost 5000.
Vinyl siding, the one that looks like horizontal blinds is damned
ugly. THe wood I have looks nice, but I would have to constantly
maintain and repaint.

Vinyl siding is more energy efficient and would lower the insurance
costs. Also just have to hose it down.

My question is whether there is vinyl siding that looks like wood? I
went to the Garden State Brickface WIndows and Siding website and they
state they have vinyl siding that looks like split cedar shakes. I
think that is what I am looking for, althought nothing on my wood
looks split. Anyway, they don't have photos of their proprietary wood
looking vinyl siding. Any reliable companies in the suthern nY,
northern NJ area that install vinyl siding that looks like wood?

The estimate I received for the owenscorning type vinyl siding that
looks like blinds, was around 13,000. That was over a year ago, and at
the time I did't ask if they had anything that was vinyl siding, but
looked like wood.

Thanks