Hi Tom,

Can you explain briefly (technically if needed) why earthing is
not grounding?

My understanding is there are 3 wires, hot, neutral, and ground. Hot
and neutral connects to the utility lines, and ground connects to the
ground. Is it the 'difference' between one ground and the service
panels' ground that might be causing some problems?

You mentioned "A safety ground must connect the appliance ground prong
to circuit breaker box safety ground - the neutral bus bar", if I am
understanding this correctly, you are saying both hot and neutral gets
wired to the neutral line? How can this be right? Won't the ground
then be constantly hot?

If I connect the ground of a receptacle (using a proper ground wire)
to an actual earth ground (and assuming the connection is good, not
flaky), what exactly is the problem? (I understand the concern about
connecting to water pipes and people taking bath....)

Sorry if these questions are too naive for all your troll sensitive
posters. I am just trying to understand this, so if you don't want
to answer, just don't say anything.

Thanks.

Raymond