Keith Jewell

Dan C wrote:
"Generate their own ground", huh? What a ****ing galoot.

You're as ignorant as the original dumb bitch that started this

idiotic
thread.

Wow. You're ... impressive. I believe the OP may have been a troll, and
perhaps we have all been trolled.

I know for certain the APC Matrix series UPSes need only a single
ground or neutral connection and will generate the missing one
internally, so that the output outlets have a functional ground and
neutral connection. It's in the product's manual. I suspect that some
of their smaller line-interactive units may also do the same. Yes, it's
not a true ground, but probably works as well as adding a GFCI to a
two-wire circuit.

Speaking of, the OP certainly could add a GFCI if she's concerned about
not having a ground on the outlet by the computer. That is cheap and
will provide similar protection.

Actually, just did a little user-manual research. The smaller
line-interactive units will complain. The smallest unit that doesn't
care about having seperate neutral and ground is the Matrix 3000, which
is obviously overkill for most settings - and requires a 208 or 240v
connection anyway. That would of course be why it doesn't need a
neutral seperate from ground, yet can have a functional seperate
neutral and ground on the output plugs.

-Keith