al

"wig" wrote in message
I'm aware of the changes to wiring regulations recently, but not sure
if this applies to what I want to do, if so then I'll get someone
qualified to do it.

Graham

I'd run it from a lighting cable. What is the socket going to be used
for? and how often?

Regulations wise, if it comes from the bathroom, I believe Part P covers it
and it must be installed by an electrician. However, I don't believe any
electrician would take it from your shower feed. Would it be difficult just
to take a channel up a wall and into the loft from a wall socket and then
plaster/paint/paper over it?

AFAIK, you shouldn't use the lighting circuit at all, as even if you don't,
a future person could attach something of high load and cause a fire.

I'm no electrician though so I'm sure there'll be a flood of answers from
those who are soon enough