Tim Smith

So far I submitted the calcs to the BCO and he has passed back some comments
but nothing more.

What I would like to do is submit different calcs for slightly differnet way
of doing the work. Surely the fee is for the visiting site etc.

Tim

"Mike" wrote in message

"Tim Smith" wrote in message
Hi

I recently submitted a building notice to our local council for some
works
being done (removal of an internal structural wall).

Work hasnt yet started so the council havent had to do anything much
other
than look at teh engineers report. However, a builder has suggested a
slightly different way of doing what we want to achieve. This is sitll
essentially the same work although it will require new calcs by the
strucutral engineer.

Can anyone tell me if I am likely to hve to pay the council building fee
again or does the fee apply "per job".

For a building notice you can change things as you go - that's what
they're
for. Downside is you have to do the calcs of course but you can't expect
the BCO to do it more than once for one fee.