James Sweet

"DaveC" wrote in message
news.net...
On Mon, 30 May 2005 21:32:37 -0700, THE-RFI-EMI-GUY** wrote
(in article ):

Why not spend an hour or so with a high power magnifier and look for
obviously poor soldered components before embarking on this potentially
distructive approach?

Thanks, REG. I did that. Yes, it's best to look for the obvious *one*

failure
rather than attack the whole board, but I'm down to that choice, now: heat

it
and hopefully fix it, or pay for a replacement board.

Nothin' to lose, right?

Might be helpful to poke around on the board with a sharper tool, like a
philips screwdriver with electrical tape on the end to insulate it. Then you
may be able to localize down to a more specific component.