JGS

Hi Leon,
It was a 12 gauge 10' cord. My shop is in the country and voltage fluctuations
are common. They have been working on a small transformer station down the road.
Maybe there is a connection.
And yes, with an increase in speed the sander worked faster making it tough to
control. I am back in the shop today so I will se if the problem still exists.
Cheers, JG

Leon wrote:

An extension cord can seriously limit proper voltage. If the extension cord
was not of the correct gauge you may have been experiencing voltage drop.
Remove the restriction/extension cord, and you again have proper voltage and
the sander will run at normal speed.

That said, I always use an extension cord and do not see a speed drop
although the extension cord is short and 14 gauge IIRC. I do hear a speed
drop when the compressor comes on that is connected to the same circuit but
different outlet.

With the increase in speed, do you see any increase in output from the
sander?

"JGS" wrote in message
Yes, Leon, I was using it with an extension cord for a while before this
happened. So what have I done? Thanks again, JG

Leon wrote:

"JGS" wrote in message
My Speed Bloc has started to operate at a much faster speed. The manual
does not mention any brake / clutch pad that needs replacement. Any
ideas? Thanks, JG

It is just a motor that spins. Could you have possibly been using an
extension cord prior to it speeding up?