lgb

In article , -
bonomi.com says...
And show him a quick-and-dirty that is more than *one*hundred*times* faster
than the production software. Disbelief was rampant, to put it mildly.
It took numerous runs, with radical changes to the data, before he'd believe
that it was calculating the entire solution each time.

Back in '58 or so, I worked for SRA, the folks who did the National
Merit Scholarship tests. They did correlations between test
questions/categories a pair at a time. I wrote a program (on a Readix
computer for all you real oldtimers) that did a 7x7 matrix of
correlations. I could only get 14 scores on an 80 column card :-).

I don't think anyone but the Readix rep ever believed it worked, no
matter how many times I tested it.

Being the only high school dropout in a shop of PhDs might have had
something to do with it :-).

--
BNSF = Build Now, Seep Forever