Morris Dovey

"Nickie Name" wrote in message
oups.com...

A friend of mine who has a custom millwork business is saving up to get
a CNC router for his shop, and we are hoping to pool our meager
computer knowlege to get it working. I've been wondering what the
curriculum is like if you could even find a course at the entry level
of this specific field, since there are so many different programs for
this. Does anyone know of a book called "Basic CNC Routing", or
anything of the sort? I think it would help to know Autocad.

It'd help to know what kind of machine you've set your sights on and what
kind of work you plan to do with it. Some people work strictly on sheet
goods, some people work strictly with hardwood, and some (like me) do all of
their production routing on softwoods and (occasionally sheet goods -
plywood, plastic, and/or aluminum).

You might find it helpful to join the ShopBot forum at
http://www.talkshopbot.com.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar