Tom Miller

"SteveB" wrote in message
news:000ne.1448$4p.417@fed1read03...

"Tom Miller" wrote in message

Gunner, raising his hand

Bendix Geophysical, Western Geophysical, Cactus Drilling,

I moved rigs as a summer job when I was going to uni. Moved a few Catus
rigs in Saskatchewan and Alberta. Were you there?

Poole Well
Services, General Production Services, Lund Production.

Did you know "Blondie" Bellard with Cactus?

Steve

Don't remember the name( It was thirty years ago) but we really didn't have
that much to do with the rig crew usually. We'd just rock up at 5:00 AM and
start tearing it out. With any luck, half the firts truck loads would be
gone by noon. If it was a short move we'd be back in a couple of hours for
another load. Didn't have much conversation time. The biggest customer was
Precision Drilling who mostly has a bunch of crapped out 2 standers in those
days. I believe that they have kicked on nicely now and a a real sharp
operation. Moving rigs was hard work then and I suspect its still hard work.
I can't see that there is any way to make a one inch winch line and tail
chain any lighter or more flexible.
Still, I enjoyed it at the time.

Tom Miller