Default Plumbing in new house looks strange..pics...

I recently put an offer on a house that has a full basement. The
attractive thing about the house is I can increase the squarefootage in
the future by finishing the basement.

The builder just recently had the plumbing installed, and it looks like
this:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/utseay...ff.jpg&.src=ph

I'm not sure if he's going to leave it like this, or put it more flush
against the floor joists once he puts the duct work in. Does this look
like a common way for finished plumbing to hang? It looks temporary to
me, but all the pipe has a blue supstance on it like it's in the
finishing statges. Let me know what you opinions are. Below is a
picture of a house exactly like out house, but the plumbing is done a
little differently, probably the way it should be:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/utseay...44.jpg&.src=ph

Here's a link to the pics I've taken so far of the house:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/utseay/album?.dir=1602

Let me know what you think.