Gideon

We had a wooden door which was painted black and it cooked
every summer since we leave our storm door installed year round.

Painting the door white has helped, but we still have a door which
gets very warm and will have problems eventually due to the "greenhouse"
effect. I'm planning on purchasing a storm door from Home Depot which
has a hidden screen which rolls down as you lower the top sash of the
storm window in the storm door. Several of our neighbors have had great
luck with this storm door design.

I intend to leave the top sash down about 2-4" in the summer. I'm hoping
that will vent the space between the doors reasonably well and prevent
the extreme temperatures. The 4" screened gap on the storm door
shouldn't be a great AC or heating loss when we leave the main wooden
door open on brief occasions.

Gideon