Dave Hinz

On Tue, 31 May 2005 16:09:19 -0500, Duane Bozarth wrote:
Dave Hinz wrote:
It's been over 20 years, and I really don't want to go back there.
I'm doing sysadmin-project stuff now, so between shell scripting and
perl, I can do 95% of what I want to do.

No, wasn't implying that at all...just that what started this sub-thread
was a comment based on 20+ year old perceptions of a language that has
changed dramatically...

Oh, I'm sure it has, and it definatly has a place. GE's MRI scanners
are still using Fortran in some of the heavy-duty math processing, or at
least were a few years ago. No reason to change it - it's great for
what it's great for.