Andy Hall

Default Eating fox? (Aldi).

On Sat, 8 May 2004 01:05:26 +0100, Alan
wrote:

In message , Andy Hall
wrote
On Fri, 07 May 2004 22:13:25 GMT, Ian Stirling
wrote:

For some stuff (fruit and veg) they are dramatically cheaper on many lines.

I don't buy fruit and veg on price from places like this, preferring
to choose seasonal and organic stuff from farms etc.

Most 'farm shops' buy in from wholesalers. People just believe that it
is organic or local because it doesn't come from a supermarket.

I know, which i swhy I'm very careful to check on sourcing.

Known products arn't always much better, if any than alternatives.
For some lines this isn't true.
Noone IMO has gotten cornflakes or baked beans quite right.

Exactly. Generally they are sugary rubbish,.

It's the sugar that hides the taste of the vast amount of added salt.

Exactly. If I want those things, I'll add them myself.

I despair at the amount of salt that professional TV cooks add to their
food. A 'pinch' is often a hand-full. These are the same cooks that the
large supermarkets use for their expensive high quality ready made
meals. Obviously the amount of salt used is to hide the fact that they
must be using low quality ingredients.

As has always been the case. Nothing really changes.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl