David

Thanks for the idea, CH, but I'm after "thicker" as opposed to
"cleaner". I supposed I could do crossgrain ends (1-1/4" thick if I
attached them like crossgrain moldings (glue at front miter and screws
in elongated holes at the middle and back) but that gains me what,
exactly? Certainly it's more work, and the look is different, but
better?? Breadboard ends hide the end grain; I'm not concerned with the
end grain showing, I just want the top to look almost 2X as thick as it
really is.

Dave

CrackedHands wrote:

I think it'd be easier and with cleaner look if you use the breadboard
edges. Try google on the "breadboard edge" and you'll see the links to
how it's done.