Dave Hinz

On Tue, 31 May 2005 13:34:33 -0500, Duane Bozarth wrote:
Dave Hinz wrote:

Yes; in this case "something I'll work with" vs. "something I'd rather
not".

I meant more in the sense that Fortran (or C/C++/...) are not what I
would think of for solution language(s) for what I would consider
suitable for Perl/Tcl/..., not that any one of them as being a personal
choice within the general class...

I've done quite a lot of Tcl, not much Perl

I can tweak and/or copy Tcl, but not write from scratch in it.

About my state wrt Perl although if tweaking were to get at all involved
"I'd rather not".

Out of curiousity have you ever looked at current Fortran or are your
past experiences the extent of knowledge?

It's been over 20 years, and I really don't want to go back there.
I'm doing sysadmin-project stuff now, so between shell scripting and
perl, I can do 95% of what I want to do.

Many complaints cross-posted
in comp.lang.fortran arise apparently from such long held perceptions.
But, C++, it isn't even though there are forms of OOP making it into
current proposals for the next Standard. (Of course, it isn't intended
to be.)

Right, C++ is an entirely different set of problems.