Ken Johnsen

"Dave Mundt" wrote in message
.. .
Greetings and Salutations....

But then, I am one of those "gun nuts" who believes that
the problem on 9/11 was not that there were too many weapons
on those planes, but, that there were too few. I suspect that
having a few folks on the plane with CCW permits AND their
weapons would have changed the outcome of the event considerably.
I also think that this "airport security" thing is more
smoke and mirrors, designed more to make the citizens THINK that
something is being done, rather than a strong effort to actually
improve safety in America.

Regards
Dave Mundt

Dave

You're right. after a day of shooting I had a full box of 22's in the car.
Not wanting them to spill I put the box in my briefcase and forgot it. A few
weeks later I flew from Newark to Ohare. Through security both ways with the
full box. They even did a routine nitrate check on the way back at Ohare.
Looking through the case a few days later I discovered the 22's and called
Newark security and the Newark police to report the lapse. I was told I'd
get a call back. It came 3 weeks later. I should say they have removed nail
clippers and screw driver on other flights. Makes me feel safe

Ken