Rex B

SteveB wrote:
I currently have a Sears compressor and paint pot sprayers.

I was wondering how the HVLP systems compare. My main questions a do
they have the overspray of the paint pots,

No, not near as much, but still some will get onto unprotected surfaces.

and do they require a different
compressor.

You have to take that High Volume part seriously. My Sears Buzzbomb is
rated about 7 CFM at 90 psi IIRC, and it cannot keep up. That has only
been an issue when painting a car

I am going to be using this to spray ornamental metal. (square tubing
colloquially called wrought iron)

Should be ideal for that. I've been using a $50 HF unit for a couple of
years. Recently Sharpe came out with their Finex line. That looks to be
the best gun for the money.

Rex B