Pete C.

There seems to be one in the general area for $100. Looks the same as
the others from the pic, no brand name seen. Not sure if it's still
available, have to check.

The Arcan on at least claims to be US made, other than the jack of
course. Not that this is a deciding factor though.

Pete C.

Grant Erwin wrote:

Those come up for sale used in my area all the time. I saw a 20T US-made
one on the Seattle craigslist this morning for $90. Have you checked your local
craigslist.org? Classifieds? These take up a lot of room and don't get used
very often and as such get sold off pretty regularly. - GWE

Pete C. wrote:

I'm in need of a mid sized H frame hydraulic press for my shop for
replacing a warped brake rotor on my truck among other things. While I'd
love an Enerpak press they're a wee bit too pricey for my budget.

I've got Harbor Freight and Northern Tool retail stores in my vicinity
so I've looked over what they have to offer.

For an inexpensive 20T press I found:

Harbor Freight item 32879 for $199.99 (Current sale, house brand)
Northern Tool item 145900 for $239.00 (House brand)
Northern Tool item 1459 for $269.99 (Arcan brand)

All three look about the same from the pics on the web site. I know the
Arcan branded stuff is usually decent quality. I've got welding gear
(TIG / Stick) and a decent steel supplier nearby as well.

So the question is do I buy one of these three "ready to assemble" units
and perhaps reinforce it a bit and if so which unit, or am I better off
trying to build one from scratch myself?

Thanks,

Pete C.