Tracey

"Jim Emery" wrote in message
Thanks for your response; yours is a good question. I'd consider it, but

the
idea of being a landlord and taking on more responsibility is daunting;
otoh, the retiring couple have taken impeccable care of the house. I hope
others can address both questions now.

Since you mention that the couple is retiring, what happens if one or both
of the couple die between now and the closing date you chose for next year?
What happens if there is some huge problem like a big termite infestation or
a tornado? What if you can't get financing next year? What if they decide
to sell to someone else for more $$ between now and then?