Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
"Stuart Noble" writes:
Can't disagree with the above, but the proportion of difficult cuts to
straight is pretty small. One course of tiles round a bathroom could
easily
mean 70-80 straight cuts. You really need both tools

I did kitchen and bathroom ceramic floor tiles including half-
tile skirting boards, and bathroom wall tiles around bath/shower
including window enclosure with a cheap (£10 IIRC) scratch
and snap tile cutter. It was not actually capable of snapping
the ceramic floor tiles though, so having scratched them, I
would clamp them in the workmake along the score, and thump
the top with a fist, which produced perfect breaks nearly
always. For complex shapes, I used an angle gringer to cut in
to the tile. The worse one was cutting two ceramic tiles to
go round the loo wastepipe. For this, I bought a packet of 5
tile cutting jigsaw blades from B&Q, and it took all 5 to make
the cut (they were really intended for wall tiles).

--
Andrew Gabriel