Adrian Brentnall

Hi Chris
Nice to hear from you again

On 31 May 2005 08:11:14 GMT, wrote:

Adrian Brentnall adrian-the papers and the
wrote:

The bonding should
be to the earths of local circuits -- a dedicated earth conductor
back to the switchboard is not required for bathroom bonding (it
is for the service bonding above). Normally, 4mm? earth cable
is used for bonding, but that can be dropped down to 2.5mm? if
the cable is protected from damage.

OK - I can come throught the bathroom wall to reach a 13A socket in
the hall - so I could pick up the earth from there ?

Hello Adrian!

The bonding in the bathroom is only required to join all the bits of
exposed metal (well strictly conductors) together, it doesn't actually
need to be connected to any mains wiring earth anywhere.

Aha - that makes it a tiny bit easier.......
still another of those 'If only I'd known that when I had the floor
up...' jobs.

Ah well - we live & learn...... g

How's those chickens ??

Adrian

======return email munged=================
take out the papers and the trash to reply