Dave Hinz

On Mon, 30 May 2005 14:23:17 -0000, Robert Bonomi wrote:

*GRIN* I had a reputation of "If you want something done, hunt up Bonomi,
tell him it's 'impossible', and stay out of his hair for a couple of weeks."

Yeah, I used to do that too, until I twigged to the fact that people
were doing it intentionally to me. In college, (mumble) years ago, for
one of the fabrication classes the assignment was to make a 2-sided PCB
for a logic analyzer. "Can't be done single-sided, so don't even try".
Well, it wasn't _that_ tough to do (he forgot that components are also
jumpers), so I did it single-sided. He threatened me with an
incomplete, because he had specified double-sided...so I handed him the
other version done the way he wanted it.

Point is, the "It's impossible, you can't do it" is a tactic that people
to use to get people like you and me to work on something. Just so you
know. Not saying it's a problem, because those are usually the fun
projects anyway, but just something to be aware of.

Dave Hinz