SteveB

"Ken Cutt" wrote

Well I did work the patch but never got a tee shirt . Really though never
got a bad comments from anyone other then survey crews . Sort of a built
in rivalry there . People generally thought I was making a fortune , ha ha
. When I started they were paying roughnecks $4.10 an hour . Decent but
sure no great fortune . They do a ton better today .
Ken Cutt

I started off at $3.50 an hour. At that time, all you had to do to go
offshore was have your bag packed. Today, with far less drilling, they can
pick and choose their workers, and yes, they pay better now.

Still a TOUGH job. Especially up on the drill floor.

Steve