Bob Chilcoat

That's the same engine that blew up on my tractor (see "7 y.o. B&S engine
threw a rod!") I'll be interested to know how the rebuild works out.

"Chuck Jurgens" wrote in message
I have replaced the rings in a 15.5 hp B&S engine - model 28N707. When I
disassembled the engine, I failed to notice which pusher rod was the

exhaust
and which was the intake. One rod has a red band painted on it and is
slightly longer than the other. It also has "rounder" ends than the other
one.

Can someone tell me which is which?

In addition, are the tappets identical or is one for intake and one for
exhaust? If they are different, how do I tell the difference?

TIA

Chuck