Ken Cutt

SteveB wrote:
In the 70's oilboom, the workers were called "oilfield trash" by onlookers.

An International Society was formed, and had belt buckles, hats, shirts, and
all sorts of things.

I have two belt buckles.

I worked in the Gulf of Mexico from 1974 to 1980, then again in 1993, and a
couple of hitches in Nigeria.

Are there any other alumni here, or people who worked oilfield who didn't
get to get a t shirt?

Steve

Well I did work the patch but never got a tee shirt . Really though
never got a bad comments from anyone other then survey crews . Sort of a
built in rivalry there . People generally thought I was making a fortune
, ha ha . When I started they were paying roughnecks $4.10 an hour .
Decent but sure no great fortune . They do a ton better today .
Ken Cutt