william_b_noble

aaa, joe, you've gotten some reasonable and some pretty silly answers. It
is harmless to disconnect power to it but there is no reason to do so unless
you anticipate lightning, etc. or unless (like the VFD in my wood lathe) it
has a fan that runs all the time that power is applied. If all that stays
energized is an LED display, just leave it on.

"JB" wrote in message
Hi Guys,

As many of you know, I have just installed a VFD on my Bridgeport Mill.
With the help of the members of this NG I was bale to get it up and
running. My question to the group is, when not in use, do I disconnect the
VFD from it's power supply? I soemtimes go a week or more without using
the mill.

Thanks for the help.

Joe...