Tom

wrote in message
oups.com...
I selling a relative's home and am wondering if I should pay to have a
45 yr old Kitchenaid dishwasher that won't start fixed, or replace it
with a brand new Bosch? The difference in cost is a few hundred
dollars. If the repair only adds 90 days or whatever to the life of the
Kitchenaid, does it make sense?

Why replace it now? New owner may be planning a color change or complete
remodel of kitchen. I would put a fixed dollar amount in the Realtor's
listing to be given to the new owner at closing for dishwasher changeout.
Bosch is probably the quietest dishwasher out there but isn't the easiest to
service and doesn't have a "hard food disposer" which is wanted by most
buyers. Bosch has a little cup that catches the hard stuff and relies on
hot water and time to dissolve most stuff caught in it.