Richard Faulkner

In message , Anna Kettle
writes
On Sun, 29 May 2005 17:46:58 GMT, "Jim S"
wrote:

Hi,

I am going to sell my house in a couple of months time and may main worrying
concern is that we have no central heating installed. Just a boiler for the
hot water.

So my questions to the group a

1. Do I sell the house as it is and expect a slightly lower price?

2. If I do need to have the system then what would be a rough estimate of
costs.

There is a retired estate agent in the group who will give good advice.

Do you mean me?? g

Firstly, it is impossible to value a house to within the range of the
cost of central heating, i.e. to within £3,000/£4,000, so you will never
know if you got more because of the heating, or less because of the
lack.

In general:

more people want central heating than dont
Some people are happy, or even prefer, to fit their own.
Some people will not buy without central heating.

On the whole, I would suggest that a house with C/H is more saleable
and, in the softening market, it may be sensible to fit it.

Not sure if this is good advice - more of a waffle around the subject

Richard Faulkner