John Stumbles

David Lang wrote:

Hi All

Bought a gas cooker for my daughter today - as you do.

I asked the supplier (Comet) if it included the flexible hose & self seal
coupling.

Apparently not. You are supposed to let a CORGI guy deliver, install &
dispose of the old cooker for the bargain price of £80.

With the flexible hose & twist lock fitting, I reckon you could train a
monkey to do it.

Could you train the monkey to assess whether the location the cooker is to
be fitted has adequate ventilation and clearances from combustible
surfaces*, fit an effective anti-tilt device, check the correct operation
and gas consumption of the cooker (to make sure the monkeys who assembled
it fitted the correct burner jets) and operation of safety devices?

* In case someone else has monkeyed with the windows and vents or fitted new
kitchen units etc.