Asimov

"DaveC" bravely wrote to "All" (30 May 05 12:33:01)
--- on the heady topic of " Laptop motherboard fixes with pressure"

Da From: DaveC
Da Xref: aeinews comp.sys.mac.hardware.misc:9529
Da sci.electronics.repair:49238
Da On Sun, 29 May 2005 18:14:33 -0700, quietguy wrote
Da (in article
Da ): ...
Da as a suggestion perahps you could try the Mac groups etc to see if you
can
find someone with a similar unit, but crook or broken screen - might be a
cheap way to solve the problem.

Da That's the backup solution. I've got nothing to lose by trying the
Da heat solution first.

Another idea would be to talk to a Mac technician - he may know any common
troublespots on your model board

Da Already have, several. They all say "replace the motherboard". Nothing
Da against them; they've learned the modular-replacement method. I'm
Da looking a little closer than that.

Dave,

They are not too far off the mark actually because a modern pc
motherboard is a rather sophisticated piece of technology. To be fair,
I'm assuming you have little repair experience and even less equipment
than is available in a well equiped kitchen. Put it this way, it is as
if you were to attempt brain surgery with stone knives and suture the
wound using bone needles. Please, forgive me if my assumption is wrong.

A*s*i*m*o*v

.... Back when I was a boy, we carved our own ICs out of wood.