Jeff Gorman

wrote

I would like to start a discussion on markings and symbols used in
woodworking. I am refering to things like the cabinet maker's
triangle, methods of what component is what and what side of a cabinet
is what. I find myself changing my method of marking often because I
am not convinced that the one I used last is the best.

On my web site - Marking Out Notes - Using Face Side and Face Edge Marks,
you'll find the traditional symbols for the datum faces.

As far as show faces are concerned, the FS marks should lie on the inside of
carcases and suchlike.

Jeff G

--
Jeff Gorman, West Yorkshire, UK