Dave Mundt

Greetings and salutations...

On Mon, 30 May 2005 15:13:10 GMT, "toller" wrote:

As many of you may be aware, (from the "you can't make this stuff up
department"), several physicians in England are advocating that "long
pointy knives" be banned from the general public's availability, saying,
"Government action to ban the sale of such knives," they wrote, "would
drastically reduce their availability over the course of a few years."

It is not "quite" as silly as it sounds. I have used chef's knives for 30
years and have never used the point; occasionally on one of the smaller
knives, but never on the big ones.
If the point serves no purpose, and eliminating it would prevent a few
crimes of passion; why not?

Actually, it reminds me of a time when, in a D&D campaign, one
of the players saw two guys beating the living daylights out of each
other. Being a peacemaker, she ran up to the fighters and yelled
"Stop it! This Violence is Pointless!". From the middle of the
whirlwind of fists, maces, etc, a chorus came: "It had BETTER be...
we're both Clerics!".
Now after this moment of geekiness...back to the topic
at hand...
Regards
dave mundt