Owen Lawrence

"CrackedHands" wrote in message
oups.com...
We had a bunch of friends & families coming over for a party last week
to "celebrate" my latest ww project. When the party was over, I was
shocked to find a white ring from a drink someone left on it!!!
(probably one of the kids.) :{

What would you do to make sure this is not going to happen again, short
of canceling all future parties (impossible) or follow everyone around
and put the coaster on the table before he/she puts down the drink
(kinda impolite)?

You can own your furniture, or it can own you.

Forget about trying to educate everyone. You might get through to some,
but you definitely won't get through to others. After you're dead you won't
get through to anyone. Your work of art will be forever vulnerable.

The first pepper mill I ever made took me forever. (Okay, two weeks.)
I did a pretty good job and put a nice finish on it. I have a wife and two
children, and fifteen years later I still can't get them to wash and dry
their hands before using it. I've scraped all sorts of dried food bits off
it over the years, but I'm not going to hide it away. I made it because I
wanted fresh ground pepper. I decided that if it gets too ruined that I
can't stand it any more, I'll make another one, and it'll be even better. I
thought about making one for each person, but I just know that won't work
out.

It's a shame there's a mark on your project so soon after you made it.
Entropy is unstoppable. The best you can hope to do is exert some
influence. I look at the underside of my crappy tables (where all the
scribbling is) and know that these things are going to happen no matter what
I do.

Sorry, I don't have any good advice for you. All I can do is
sympathize.

- Owen -