C & S

Better IMO to mark the face *opposite* the show face, to eliminate any
worries
about the markings still being visible in the finished project.

I have considered that and you are correct. However *for me* it one less
mental reversal/negation/flip I have to do. I kno wit's not rational, but
it's easier for me to focus on the goood side.

Right angle (like in geometry class, two lines to form a box in an

interior
angle) - used to indicate the adjacent sides of a board which were

jointed.
When rejointing previously milled stock, it's not always obvious what

faces
were trued.

Absolutely right. I started out marking mine the same way, but found that

it's
faster and just as accurate to simply make a diagonal slash at the

appropriate
corner on each end of the board.

Good point. I'm going to start doing that.

-Steve