Hax Planx

Upscale says...

If you're not there already, perhaps you should move to Britain. I believe
there's a sizable population there that is advocating the inception of a
bunch of "Nanny" laws. You'd fit right in.

I'm not surprised that people in England would want to discourage
obnoxious neighbors with an average of over 800 people per square mile.
If you could give some examples of these proposed laws, I could better
tell you whether I agree with them or not. We have noise laws now,
grass can't be over 12", old cars need current plates, etc. If you ever
lived in a neighborhood where 'do what thou wilt is the whole of the
law', it is easy to understand why they exist, and why some communities
have covenants that go beyond that. I would agree it is ridiculous to
dictate the color of a person's house, but putting the kibosh on
barking, snarling dogs is just common sense.