On Mon, 30 May 2005 20:58:39 -0400, JohnM wrote:

Tom Miller wrote:
This narrows it down to either oxygen, fuel, or sheilding gas for
welding, or CO2 for beverage carbonation.. Knew it wasn't Oxygen - as
O2 bottles have LH threads.

the invalid, and use a net.

Do oxygen bottles have LH threads there?
Here ( Australia) they have a RH thread but acetylene and
LPG/propane?butane gas bottles have the LH thread. The nut part of a union
for these gases has a groove turned in the outside of it to show that it is
a LH thread.

Tom

Everything out in my shop is RH threads (O2, two varieties of shield
gas) except for the fuel gasses, which are LH. I'm pretty sure that's
the way it is everywhere..

John

My mistake -