gfulton

"SteveB" wrote in message
news:0CKme.1378$4p.91@fed1read03...
In the 70's oilboom, the workers were called "oilfield trash" by

onlookers.

An International Society was formed, and had belt buckles, hats, shirts,

and
all sorts of things.

I have two belt buckles.

I worked in the Gulf of Mexico from 1974 to 1980, then again in 1993, and

couple of hitches in Nigeria.

Are there any other alumni here, or people who worked oilfield who didn't
get to get a t shirt?

Steve

Indirectly, I guess. Helicopter mechanic in Morgan City, La. for a couple
years during that time. Also, Gambia, Qatar, Guyana supporting the Glomar
Sirte. I'll bet you flew on the some of the ships I kept up. No t-shirt.

Garrett Fulton