Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Jim S wrote:
I am going to sell my house in a couple of months time and may main
worrying concern is that we have no central heating installed. Just a
boiler for the hot water.

So my questions to the group a

1. Do I sell the house as it is and expect a slightly lower price?

2. If I do need to have the system then what would be a rough estimate
of costs.

I'd say it depends on the type of house. If one suitable for first time
buyers, then it might make sense to make it ready to just move in. If it's
up the chain a bit, many buying might prefer a house sound in wind and
limb that they can customise to exactly what they want.

Next door was sold recently. I'd have described it as suitable to just
move in - good clean decoration and all fittings etc recent. But the
buyers have ripped near everything out - including a three year old
bathroom suite and kitchen and started again. Not sure about the central
heating - the last owners complained about poor hot water from their combi.
And I complained about the noise of the pump which came straight through
the party wall. ;-)

--
*Puritanism: The haunting fear that someone, somewhere may be happy.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.