Brian

Default Analysing a non-spinning hotpoint motor?

I've got a hotpoint washer / dryer that isn't rotating the
motor.

So heres an interesting puzzle for you -

Anyone know how the motors are wired, or just know motores
well, and if the following analysis makes sense?
The motor says on it AC motor for electronic speed control,
1 phase. (904/1153/10). This is UK 240v.

I took the motor out and replaced the brushes, but its still
dead (the rest of the machine functions).

There are 7 pins going into the motor, with a 7 block connector
going in.

The wires going in are labeled 1-7 going left to right,
and all are white except pin 1 = sort of purple / lilac,
and pin 5 - red blue stripes.

I've stuck a multimeter on the motor, and can see
that pin 2 goes into one brush, pin 3 into the other.
When connected, there is about 7 ohms across the armature,
i.e. across pins 2-3.

Pins 1, 4- and 5 seem connected (~1 ohms) ..
Across pins 6-7 is 1.6k ohms.

The above measurement were all with the power off.

I put the mulitmeter into AC volt mode, stuck one pin on
earth (chassis), and sticking the machine into slow 'tumble' mode
checked the voltages which follow.

I'll put this into a little table to see if that helps:
THe table was done in notepad in courier new if the formatting
is a mess in your reader.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Purple White White White Red/Blue White White
-6,7 Armature Armature -1,5 -1,4 -7(1k6) -6 (1k6)
0V ~235V 0V 0 ~230V ~160V ~160V

Any ideas? Is the motor goosed? Control unit? Or does none
of this make sense to anyone?!

Thanks in advance.
Brian.