G&M

Default Microbore Earth Bonding

wrote in message ...
G&M wrote:
Our earth (actually the neutral in from an aerial line) is about 70

volts
away from the ground outside. Plastic piping and drainage in theory

stops
the taps and radiators being at outside ground but prefer to enforce the
issue.

Would like to connect my earth to ground outside but there are four

farms
downstream of me and my earthing spike would have to be capable of

handling
their fault conditions which in our well drained soil may not be

possible.

Why not go for a TT system then?

TT system

Or maybe you can report the 70 volt difference as a fault to the
electricity supplier.

Not spec'ed. Where we are if it's on that's an achievement. We are so
close to 253volts it's untrue so that the farm at the end has enough voltage
to at least turn his lights on.