Mark & Juanita

On Mon, 30 May 2005 13:06:44 -0400, "C & S"
wrote:

Here are the few that I use:

X = cutoff or waste side of a line.

O = Show face, more importantly used as the reference face. For instance ,
if I am using a tennon jig, I always reference the front of the pannel. If
there happens to be any thickness irregularities, the will show up on the
back of the panel.

Triangle -drawn across a joint to show the order and orientation of the
components of a glue up pannel.

.... snip

The Leigh jig manual has a couple that are useful for inside and outside
of box sides (need to look them up to remember what they are).

I use the Greek "alpha" to show the jointed (flat) sides of boards. On
wood with tearout issues, the alpha is accompanied by an arrow to show
direction of feed to prevent tearout (useful when moving to the planer).