Larry Jaques

On Sun, 29 May 2005 23:49:45 -0500, the inscrutable Patriarch
spake:

Hax Planx wrote in
t.net:

Am I the only person who thinks dog ownership is a really bad idea for
most people? snip I know most people aren't going to agree
with me, but it really doesn't make much sense. Most of us don't have
any sheep to herd or fox to hunt, so what's the point?

If, as someone said, the measure of a person's intelligence is how much he
agrees with you, then you are an absolute genius!

I agree totally, too, Glenn! Most dogs are abused and most dog owners
abuse their neighbors by letting the damned things bark, too, Hax.

I replaced a front lawn with roses, at least in part because I was tired of
cleaning up after other peoples' dogs. It's _not_ less work, or less
water, but it smells better!

Excellent. Now instead of tiring you with the mower, it pricks you
with thorns. (Half my front yard is in roses, too, but I haven't
brought in the truckloads of rock to replace that damned green stuff
on the rest of it yet. I HATE lawns.)

Patriarch

ps: I have a neighbor with a bumper sticker: "Life begins when the kids
move out and the last dog dies!"

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I love it!

--
If you turn the United States on its side,
everything loose will fall to California.