Nick Müller

Rick wrote:

Yeah, I nixed that idea anyway. I just needed to be able to pass cables
through the tubes, and didn't want to add 2 more welds to the structure.

Now this would have been an argument.

It makes *such* a nice precision non coductive surface to weld on, and it is
solid as..well
..a rock :-)

Non conductive? I prever welding on a table that is conductive. You just
hook ground to the table and don't have to re-clamp gnd whenever you
move work.

I am getting a bit better welds with the 3/32 6013, but I am having
problems in the first 1/3 of the weld with slag inclusions...the final 2/3
actually looks like a nice fillet weld. Maybe I should just weld 2/3 of
the joint :-)

Well, this is the hard part. You have to learn to see the puddle and not
to look at the slag. I don't know your numbering system. I think the
easiest stick are the cellulose-type. But they are more expensive, stink
more and are harder to start.

Nick
--
"Wissenschafts"-Sendung auf einem der Privat-Kanäle:
"Der Behälter fasst 200.000 Kubik-Liter."