Rick

Thanks again for all the tips..i will respond more as I try different things.

I obtained some 3/32" 6013, and am practicing with that. I can't find 7014 at
the local store or home depot..will have to wait till tuesday to go to
a real store.

I ran a bead of the 3/32 down a piece of scrap tube, just on the flat, and it
does seem to just drag along quite a bit easier than the 7018.

One important question I have:

It would make part of the design simpler if I can weld the tubes one on top of
the other at 90degrees instead of a 90 degree butt joint.

Is this going to be ok? I will try one and post a picture.

Rick