The Natural Philosopher

Jim S wrote:

Hi,

I am going to sell my house in a couple of months time and may main worrying
concern is that we have no central heating installed. Just a boiler for the
hot water.

So my questions to the group a

1. Do I sell the house as it is and expect a slightly lower price?

2. If I do need to have the system then what would be a rough estimate of
costs.

The house is in worcestershire, 1975, 2 bedrooms,bathroom, one lounge,
kitchen and hall, semi detached. The existing 2 year old boiler would have
to be replaced but could stay in its existing position. There is one bath
and an electric shower.

The house otherwise is well presented and we have just had a new kitchen
installed?

Many thanks

I would most certainly reather have a house with no CH than one with a
cheap and nasty system for which I was being charged a few grand more.

That way its my choice what I put in..

BUT ask you estate agent.

If its the sort of 'move into it right away' type place, then
modernising it will make it very saleable. In fact it wants to all LOOK
new - thats what first time buyers want.