Owain

Stefek Zaba wrote:
Huge wrote:
That and the application of 25kV to the SmartMedia contacts.

I hope you're not suggesting that citizens should interfere with this
valuable piece of Crown property. Besides the moral horror that such an
action engenders in all upstanding citizens, you'd be commiting a
specific offence under the proposed Act, as far as I can see: under
Subsection 1 of Section 13, one is required to noitify the Authorities
if one knows, or has reason to suspect, that the card has been (among
other things) tampered with, damaged, or destroyed;

That could happen any time the card is read, so one should probably
notify ones suspicions to the Authorities every time the card has been
used. Presumably the Authorities have the clerical staff in place to
deal with possibly dozens of such letters from every citizen every week.

failure to so notify shall, under Subsection 6 of the same Section
13, render one liable to a civil penalty not exceeding 1,000 notes.

Oh, a civil penalty, it's nice that we're not going to be criminalised.

So make sure you keep your card well away from that van der Graaf
generator, Huge!

Or at least take the card out of his trouser pocket before applying said vdG

Owain