James Sweet

"quietguy" wrote in
message
Dave, as a suggestion perahps you could try the Mac groups etc to see if

you can
find someone with a similar unit, but crook or broken screen - might be a

cheap
way to solve the problem.

Another idea would be to talk to a Mac technician - he may know any common
troublespots on your model board

Hah! A Mac technician? I remember those guys back when I was in highschool
and the labs were filled with Macs. They'd come in and start swapping boards
without doing any sort of troubleshooting at all. I'm sure there's some
hardcore guys out there who attempt component level work but I've never
encountered one.

The idea of finding another one with a busted screen is a good one, ebay is
good for that too.